As a result, the growth in the number of PDF documents has exploded. Therefore, all employees at enterprise and governmental organizations need to be able to access PDF documents. Traditionally employees downloaded their own favorite PDF readers from the Internet. For decades, organizations have realized the benefits of standardizing on desktop applications in terms of training and support; it is now time to standardize on enterprise PDF readers
Enterprise PDF Reader Requirements
In order to fully optimize the benefits of standardizing on an enterprise PDF Reader, the PDF reader should possess the following attributes and capabilities:
- Reliable - 100% compliant with your current PDF ecosystem.
- High Performance - open PDF files fast, without waiting forever for the file to be loaded.
- Lightweight- so it doesn't exhaust system resources.
- Feature Rich - provide all the functionality your organization needs to view, comment, save, and print PDF documents and to fill in forms.
- PDF Creation – provides PDF creation capabilities to everyone.
- Secure - so users don't get infected with viruses and to safeguard sensitive information within your PDF documents.
- Company Branded - have your own company branded PDF reader.
- Easily Configurable and Deployable - easily generate a standardized installation and push it out to targeted desktops to ensure compliance with company objectives and IT governance.
- Extensible - enterprises can extend the reader by creating their own value added capabilities which are compatible with their business workflows.
Industry Best PDF Rendering
Foxit Enterprise Reader provide the industry’s fastest PDF rendering engine, which displays all of your PDF documents
- Quickly - user don’t have to experience unnecessary delays waiting for PDF documents to load.
- 100% fidelity - users see a document that retains the look and feel of the original document.
- With a small footprint – users don’t need to upgrade their systems since their PDF reader exhausts too many of their system resources.
- With high resolution viewing – users will enjoy the crisp document rendering for enhanced readability.
- Intuitive User Interface
- Microsoft Office 2013 Style Ribbon Toolbar provides a familiar user interface, enabling users to quickly learn.
- Customize Toolbar
- Allows users to create new tabs or customize current tabs. User can define which buttons should be located in which tab, or create a new tab with their favorite buttons.
- PDF Portfolios
- View, print, and search for text in PDF portfolios.
- Form Filling
- Standard PDF (Acroforms) and XFA (XML Form Architecture) form filling allows you to leverage existing forms and workflow.
- Data Import/Export
- Supports industry standards to import form data from a file, export form data to a file, and export form data and send from email.
- Ultraform 2D Barcode Enabled
- Enables 2D barcode generation from Ultraforms® enabled fillable PDF forms.
- Create Industry-standard PDF
- Create standard compliant PDF's that are 100% compatible with other PDF products.
- Create PDF From Microsoft® Office®
- Create PDF with integrated fully functional Word®, PowerPoint®, and Excel® Add-Ins.
- Scan Documents Into PDF
- Streamline workflow by converting paper contracts, agreements, and other documents to electronic PDF files - scan and convert in one step.
- Insert Images, Videos, And Files
- Embed images and videos in your PDF and make it more interactive. Easily add a file as an attachment to your document.
- Shared Review
- Participate in a Shared Review initiated by Foxit PhantomPDF Business.
- Commenting Tools
- Provide feedback to documents through annotation and text markup tools. Make feedback more effective with boxes, circles, arrows, and more drawing tools.
- Manage Comments
- Quickly view all the comments in the document. Import, export, and send comments as a FDF file via email.
- SharePoint® Integration
- Seamlessly check in and check out PDF files on SharePoint servers.
- Share PDFs
- Easily share PDF documents through email or Evernote®.
- Create And Manage Stamps
- Indicate the status of PDF document or hint the reviewer where to sign. Select from a group of pre-made stamps or create your own.
- Microsoft® RMS Integration
- Allows users to decrypt and encrypt Microsoft Rights Management protected PDF files through the optional Foxit RMS Plug-in.
- Sign PDF Documents
- Sign documents in your own handwriting. Or, send, sign and save PDF documents using the industry's most widely used eSignature solution.
- Verify Digital Signature
- Allows the PDF document receiver to validate the status of a digital signature to determine if the document has been modified since the signature was applied.
- Trust Manager (Safe Mode)
- The Trust Manager allows users to select a safe mode operation, which prevents suspicious external commands to be executed by Foxit Reader.
- ASLR & DEP Support
- Uses a random algorithm to determine a memory address used to store key file data. Prevents executing code from a non-executable memory location.
- Security Warning Dialog
- Warns users if a PDF document attempts to call or run an external command and provides a choice to run or terminate executing any files within a PDF file.
Group Policy Support
Helps IT professionals take greater control of enterprise-wide deployments to ensure the standardization of menu and configuration settings. User Manual
Provides a SCUP catalog to import and deploy updates through Microsoft Windows Update Services or SCCM.
Customize mass deployments through XML configuration support.